miércoles, enero 30, 2008

Cradle Of Filth - Her Ghost In The Fog (SOTW)



Si, mucho me van a criticar, que ahora COF es una basura, si lo es; muchos dirán que COF ya no es lo que era, están en lo correcto.

Sin embargo del baúl de los recuerdos les dejo con este sencillo de su disco 'Midiam', corrijanme si me equivoco en algo, hace tanto que no escucho a COF que ya ni recuerdo los discos.

"The moon, she hangs like a cruel portrait
Soft winds whisper the bidding of trees
As this tragedy starts with a shattered glass heart
And the mid-nightmare trampling of dreams

But no, no tears please
Fear and pain may accompany death
But it is desire that shepherds
It's certainty as we shall see

She was divinity's creature
That kissed in cold mirrors
A Queen of snow far beyond compare
Lips attuned to symmetry
Sought her everywhere
Dark liquored eyes, an Arabian nightmare

Oh, she shone on watercolors
Of my pond life as pearl
Until those who couldn't have her
Cut her free of this world

That fateful eve when
The trees stank of sunset and camphor
Their lanterns chased phantoms and threw

An inquisitive glance
Like the shadows they cast
On my love picking rue
By the light of the moon

Putting reason to flight
Or to death as their way
They crept through woods mesmerized

By the taffeta Ley
Of her hips that held sway
Over all they surveyed

Save a mist on the rise
A deadly blessing to hide
Her ghost in the fog

They raped and left
Five men of God
Her ghost in the fog

Dawn discovered her there
Beneath the Cedar's stare
Silk dress torn, fer raven hair

Flown to gown fer beauty bared
Was starred with frost, I knew her lost
I wept 'til tears crept back to prayer

She'd sworn me vows in fragrant blood
Never to part
Lest jealous heaven stole our hearts

Then this I screamed
"Come back to me for
I was born in love with thee
So why should fate stand in-between?"

And as I drowned her gentle curves
With dreams unsaid that final words
I espied a gleam trodden to earth
The church bell tower key

The village mourned her by the by
For she'd been a witch
Their men had longed to try

And I broke under Christ
Seeking guilty signs
My tortured soul on ice

A Queen of snow far beyond compare
Lips attuned to symmetry
Sought her everywhere
Trappistine eyes, an Arabian nightmare

She was Erzulie possessed
To the milky white skin
My porcelain Yin
A graceful angel of sin

So for her, the breeze stank of sunset and camphor
My lantern chased her phantom and blew
Their Chapel ablaze and all locked into a pain
Best reserved for judgment that their bible construed

Putting reason to flight
Or to flame unashamed
I swept form cries mesmerized

By the taffeta ley
Or her hips that held sway
Over all those at bay

Save a mist on the rise
A final blessing to hide
Her ghost in the fog

And I embraced where lovers rot
Her ghost in the fog
Her ghost in the fog"


Esta canción sin lugar a dudas nos transporta hacía aquellos bosques escandinavos llenos de misterio y enigmas, aquellos bosques donde vivió Drácula, aquellos tiempos donde las doncellas eran deliciosas, aquellos tiempos de los castillos y oscurantismo. Oh!




Que gran rola de los ya venido a menos COF.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario